I found some time to work on the cheetah painting today but it is still in its early stages. Hopefully as I settle into this new job, I will find more time to put into this painting.
Here is what I wrote for this reward:
“Sorry about being quiet lately but I have been transitioning into a new job and it has been a little rough. This week’s reward begins the final book in Jason Connors’ epic adventure. This time the dream draws him into the middle of a space battle deep in enemy territory where he and the lone survivor of the Drakon warship will take this battle to it’s conclusion on an insignificant planet. Man against alien to the bitter end. Will the being behind these dreams reveal itself of leave Jason trapped in a world he wasn’t born into? Join Jason and find out.”
Sorry I haven’t posted in a while but I have been going through the truama of a life crisis. I started my new job two weeks ago and the first week left me a basket case, wishing I could just throw my hands up and go to the psych ward. With the help of my family I am starting to come back from the edge but I need to keep at it. As things clear up, I hope to get back to blogging and artwork. Please be patient.
OMG, I love Gimp 2.8 even more now. I found out that the gif I wanted to create of the progress in painting “Rodeo” could be done using Gimp as compared to the frustration I was having in Shotcut. What I could not achieve in an hour and a half, I did in ten minutes with gimp and it looks great. Look for more of these as I get time because I like to save the painting files under different names so that I can reopen from there if I go in a bad direction as I explore ideas. This means I always have a progression of steps saved in the process of making a painting.
I uploaded a jpeg version of Linear Thinkers in a Non-Linear Universe for my $3 a month patrons (my Patreon page ). Here is what I wrote:
“Here is the planet, nebula, moon, and spaceship painting in a downloadable jpeg format. This was supposed to be just a quick speed paint of a planet that took on a life of its own. It should make a pretty good wallpaper.”
I have added the final chapter in the second Dragon Dreams story arc to my Patreon rewards (PDF and RTF files). Here is what I wrote:
“Sorry, I have been a bit lax uploading rewards with all the turmoil going on in my life. Anyway, here it is, the conclusion of the second arc of the Dragon Dreams saga. Jason once again is face to face with the blue Dragon that not only haunts his dreams, but also directs them. The resulting confrontation will change his life. Next time we will start the final arc, which will throw everything you have read up to this point on its head. I hope you will join me for the conclusion of the entire series with Dragon Dreams: Embers in the Sky.”
I have posted before that I have very limited resources for creating quality videos to promote my artistic endeavors. The video editing program I have is an old windows 7 version that does not support the higher quality video of newer versions. With it I created the video that is now part of my Patreon and Kickstarter page. However, I still hope to find something better.
To that end, I downloaded Shotcut, which is supposedly an open source full featured editing program to work with video the way Gimp 2.8 works as a graphics manipulation program. Unfortunately, unlike Gimp 2.8, I found the program to be incredibly frustrating for creating the same type of video that I made with the older program. Basically I create a slideshow of jpeg copies of my artwork with transitions to morph from one image to another. I had high hopes for being able to add commentary to the video since it would be done on the newer computer, but I found that just creating a few seconds of video from jpegs was excruciatingly painful.
I was excited to try making a video progression of my latest painting “Rodeo” that would show the image changing as I added more and more detail. However, just loading five jpeg images of the different stages into Shotcut took almost a half hour. I probably worked for another hour putting them on and taking them off of the video timeline trying to achieve what I did in five to ten minutes with the old program. Granted, some of this time was spent figuring out how the program functioned compared to the older one, but for everything I moved or changed there was at least a minute of wait time when the program quit responding to input. In addition, Shotcut was nowhere as intuitive as Ulead Videostudio was. So, as far as I am concerned, this has been a complete bust, my search continues.