Will a Mr. E.T. please pick up a White Courtesy Phone


This is a picture I created way back in junior high school, which of course dates my age, but it is a unique piece of my artwork since it is the only one done in this style.  If you look closely, you will see that it was made with only vertical lines of color as per the teachers instructions.  I hope to try something new soon just to see what I can do with the technique now.


Let the games begin

I have entered my story for the contest as a comment in the post Fun Little Contest.  The title is “The Polished Tango of Galactic Tourism”.  All the cosmetic names I used are in parenthesis since the red color I made them did not translate when placed in the comments.  Please take time to give it a read.

I am up to 366 words in my story for the contest I am running hear.  How far have you gotten?  Actually, I have already used all the lipstick/eye-shadow names I had chosen and I am just working to bring the story to a proper close within the word limit.  So watch for it to be posted soon.

Contest Update

No one has posted a story yet, hopefully because all your devious little minds are churning away at the myriad crazy lipstick and eye shadow names and having seizures trying to make a coherent story line.  I have begun writing mine and it is up to 133 words and seven of the names I chose.  In addition, I just added a thread at Sffworld.com to give the inventive minds that churn out such fun stories in the monthly contests a chance to join in.  So put on you best warpaint and get busy writing.

Fun Little Contest

Well, I am stuck waiting on a perscription and bored out of my mind so it is time for a new post. Two weeks ago I worked a fourteen hour day setting a new cosmetics line in one of my Walmarts. Out of the tired silliness between me and my helper I came up with a short story contest for you all. There is nothing more to win then bragging rights, a good laugh, and writing practice

The idea is to write a 500 word story by the end of May and post it as a comment on this blog post. I will work out a post to gather the stories for scrutiny and voting. Use your real name of screen name as you wish. The hook and tie in to my long work day; however, is to go into a cosmetics Dept. in any store and chose 10 names from cosmetic items. For example, there is a lipstick with the name “he thinks he’s matte cho”. Find ten different names in any order you want, all in a row, all in lipstick, or random. Warning, my example is tame compared to those of the NYX brand I was setting.

Make sure to put the name of each name used in quotes so we can find all ten. This is just for creative fun and can be in any genre you want. Let’s have fun.

Deviantart Changes

I just wanted to pass on that since I closed my Patreon page, I am in the process of opening up my artwork on deviantart to allow for the purchase of prints again.  This is an easy way for me to get product into your hands because the website does all the printing and pays me a percentage on every sale.  So, if you would like to support my artwork and get some unique prints for yourself or a friend, follow the link on the left of this page to my deviantart page.

Star Cave’s New Title


Here is an update to the Star Cave painting I was working on with its new title of “Predatory Stars in the Depths of the Universe”.  It was a surprise to me that this painting ended up going in this direction because I was only planning on playing with improving my nebula designs as an easy exercise.  However, after working with the lower left portion of the nebula, I noticed that it reminded me of the jaws of an angler fish.  Even more surprising, I had intended some time ago to work on a project like this for my sister who is an ocean nut.

I was going to try making a nebula that looked like an underwater coral scene and maybe some other ones that look like ocean fish.  That had not been my intention on this painting but the look sparked my imagination, so I dove in.  I hope to make this much more detailed and the lure, which is the bright blue star, less obvious.  I want people to see the nebula and drink it in without realizing the over all idea.  That way they get an expanded sense of awe when they figure out the larger meaning.