Painting a Princess Update (from my Patreon page)

Well, we are now in the home stretch if I can keep my moral up.  I am doing my taxes now so that remains to be seen.  Anyway, I have been playing with where and how I want to place the individual elements and working on finishing the Carrie Fisher portrait.  I have been tweaking some areas of Carrie’s face given some ideas I had on improving the transitions.  The results were good but now I need to get to work on the hair to pull it all together.  From there it is a matter of adding her to the background and playing with some ideas I have for effects.  All in all, some of the hardest parts are done.


Y Wing Update (from my Patreon page)



Here is where I am with the Y Wing part of my Carrie Fisher tribute.  I have had to back track a few times and undo parts I was not happy with.  I finally decided to work from the cockpit backwards, which seems to be working better for me; however, this will never be an honest reproduction.  My goal is to create a strong enough image that at a smaller size will not be off so far that it is jarring.  I am glad I was able to finally add the R2 unit and I think the cockpit module looks good although I have to place the forward guns yet.

Speaking of Star Wars vehicles, I tried to make my own Imperial Walker out of cardboard from a picture in my vinyl soundtrack slip cover.  I never got further than the head but it wasn’t too bad for the time, given I was in junior high.  They are the coolest vehicles in the series.

Project Update (from my Patreon page)



Here is the progress of the pieces that will become my Carrie Fisher tribute.  Both are on temporary backgrounds so that I can see the painting better, while Leia is further along, the Y-Wing is still very basic (mostly undercoat).  Once i get the y-Wing finished, I can add as many as I like but I am only planning on two right now.  I will add exhaust trails when I place them on the space background.