Time to twirl our evil mustache while laughing evilly! As you can see, I have done some more facile shading and added the antennae back in. Funny story, forgot to save after I exported the file to Jpeg with the previous antennae, so I had to do them again. Not too much trouble, but you can see I added their shadow onto the face as well as highlighted them now. There is a little more depth to the features too. I am so beginning to think that I want to come up with a background but it has to be cool. Also, thinking about setting up the print to have side by side versions, one as the alien and the other revealing that it is actually a robot disguised as an alien. Maybe show a city element whole and then post war demolished. What do you guys think?
I think this week’s reward will be cleaned up Jpeg versions on transparent backgrounds of all the Termanicz drawings I have done. That way my Patrons can use them in the graphic program they use as basically coloring book pages. I will post any colored versions that people want me to.
Here is an update to the Termanicz project showing the work I have done on the mandibles and the antennae without the covering line drawing. Interesting fact, what I took for scratch lines on the mandibles are actually hairs. I am so looking forward to finishing the neck area so that I can go back and add the hairs the hang between the mandibles. For only $3 dollars a month or $36 a year, you can get digital copies of the finished project along with other paintings current and future at My Patreon Page. In addition, each month you will also receive one of my short stories. Basically, a lot of great science fiction and fantasy content for a small yearly cost. Please help me bring my particular brand of creativity to a larger audience.
Here is a second iteration of the alien terminator project. I still have some work to do on it but a lot of ideas are represented here. The look is a blend of insect and crustacean where the mouth is based on a lobster and the eyes are compound insect. One of the changes I tried to make was to come up with mechanical looks with most of the mechanics on the inside since bugs and crustaceans have exoskeletons. All their organs are on the inside with a hard skeleton on the outside so I am trying to have less physical evidence of the mechanics on the outside. I am going to represent the mechanics by bumps in the surface and will be removing the piston I made for the head. I think I will change the neck and maybe the mouth so I can place pistons inside the neck circle. I patterned the new antenna after the cell phone antenna on my car, which is over-wrapped in black plastic. So what do you think?
Well, here is the first rendition of my crazy idea, needs some polishing yet but I think it is a good start. I plan to work on the mandibles and antennas before starting a painting. The round parts on the side of the head will have a soft glow and the eyes will be compound. I pulled several reference images for that. Let me know what you think.
As I said yesterday, I have so many projects running through the cobwebs of my mind that I want to share with you. Well, I allowed myself some time to work on one of them today. Pure imaginative drawing run amok. Think robot but not just any robot. A robot built by an alien species bent on your destruction with different sensibilities than our own. Unfortunately it is late and not up to scanning it in tonight so you will have to wait until tomorrow. Pleasant dreams.