Here, together at last, are all of my “hook me in twenty five words or less” posts form Sffworld.com. I had to do some minor error correction on a few, especially the earlier ones. Hope you enjoy them.
- “The armies had fought for days unending, but the real desecration was just about to begin and for nothing more than arrogance.”
- What do you mean “you’re not human?”
- “The winds of change came. I wish they wouldn’t have waited until I got fully dressed!”
- “The little creature watched the star bloom in the sky not knowing it meant the death of its’ world.”
- “The alien looked down on the world and thought who will clean up the mess the humans had made?”
- “Who are you, Death?” I screamed.
“No, far worse. I am his brother agony and she is his sister torment” rasped the pustulating creature.
- So this was Armageddon. Somehow I thought there would be more hoopla.
- This is how the world should have ended; unfortunately I don’t know what I did wrong.
- The company telepath was the first to go down then all hell broke loose.
- The fires were stoked, the idiots were hungry, and the cannibals were waiting for nightfall. Oh, how trusting are those that dream of riches.
- “Listen Mac, I don’t care what you call it, angel dust, pixie pooh, or cherubim chuff,” growled Chicken Little. “The sky is falling.”
- “Sunlight reflected from the ice covered stones of shattered gates and crumpled parapets, like the thousand tears wept by the Gods at the loss of this noble land.”
- The water was cold, the water was deep, but that still did not extinguish the fire rippling up my legs. Damn, mother was right.
- The autumn leaves crunched wonderfully beneath his boots as the air filled with the sickly sweet anise smell of his soul’s rotting blackness.
- “Is that your brain on the ground?”
“What…oh, no. Mine is dark green and much bigger.”
- He couldn’t breathe! The suit should be providing enough oxygen but it just wasn’t making a difference. Emergency alarms were buzzing in his ears.
- “Be wary one and all of the Sapling God in his hall.” I remembered the rhyme as the saplings before me began to move.
- The fires of heaven cleansed the earth below, while the Gods wept bitter tears for millennia. One God; however, sat and played among the ashes.
- The clouds blasted outward from the bright yellow center where the massive being plummeted straight down to the earth. October 8, 2019 4 pm humanity awakened.
- The baboon placed her hands gently on the wizard’s face, eyes locking with his.
“Well … you ain’t what I expected in a soulmate,” he sighed.
- “Holy crap,” I said?
“Yes,” the priest replied. “Can you please pull your foot out of it?”